Tuesday, May 10, 2005

toward a second book

I've started proposal #2. First sentence:

"This story is an ellipses, a space between the news making moments that have shaped history – in particular those moments where belief and political power have intertwined."

Ugh! That sucks!!

You know, I walked around the Plaza for an hour yesterday, my brow all furrowed, before I finally came up with that line.

Another one for the scrap heap.

This is going to be a bitch.

It's so weird, too, because I can really feel it with this idea. I feel like I've got a good one somewhere down there in my brains. But, dude, proposals are hard to write. Think about it:

A 300-page book summarized in 12 pages. But not just summarized. No! Brought to life. Sold. Teased. And whatever other discriptive words I can't think of right now.

Not that I'm complaining... What an incredible privilege! Right?

Damn right.

No comments: