Sunday, October 23, 2005

meixcan buffer

ere's one for TKC, who tirelessly exposes the Star's institutionally racist ways.

Yesterday I was at Central and I casually picked up a copy of the Star. I flipped to a story about hurricane Wilma, and I couldn't believe what I read. I read it out loud, to guage the students' reactions (emphasizing a few key points):

Much of Florida went on high alert Wednesday, and the keys ordered visitors to evacuate as Wilma exploded into the most intense Atlantic hurricane on record.

Still, a small ray of hope emerged: If Wilma rams into Mexico’s Yucatan region,its expected right turn toward Florida could be significantly altered and the storm system could be considerably weakened, the National Hurricane Center said.

The students all laughed, and widened their eyes.

"Damn," Geoffery said. "That's just blatant."

No comments: