Saturday, November 19, 2005

emasculation complete

When Allie first suggested the notion of watching a five-hour BBC production of Pride and Prejudice I grew quite distressed. It sounded most insufferable, yet I suspected I was going to have to suffer through it.

And yes, it did wind up in the Netflix queue, but, no, it wasn't as awful as I suspected. Actuallly, I really got into it.

Honestly, my favorite character was Mr. Collins, who is this hideous, stupid suck-up. I also loved the scene where Lizzie had it out in the garden with ultra-snob Lady Catherine de Bourgh. And both Mr. Darcy and Lizzie Bennet were suitably swoonworthy for Allie and I, respectively. The whole thing was captivating, thoroughly entertaining.

At the end, Allie felt victorious. "A five-hour chick flic," she crowed, "and you liked it!"

No comments: