Saturday, March 18, 2006

Mad About Bubba

We awoke last night to shouts and screams. I went to the window and saw a crowd of people gathered in front of the house across the street. I asked Allie what time it was. 2 AM.

I lingered at the window for a while and watched. The crowd started to roil at the edges like a pot of water on a stove.

"Allie, come check this out," I said. "They're fighting."

Allie put on her glasses and came to the window.

I had to pee so I took a break from the action. When I came back, Allie had the window open.

"Apparently, Gina's mad about Bubba," she told me.

"How do you know?" I asked.

"Because they shouted, 'Gina, you're drunk, and you're mad about Bubba.'"

She added, "And she kept shouting, 'I wouldn't fuck a white bitch!'"

Allie said she's happy we have them as neighbors.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I swear I'm not mad about Bubba. I don't even know who Bubba is!

Joe Miller said...

That's what happens when you drink too much.