Wednesday, October 04, 2006

amazon woman

Scroll down on this page until you see the the comic strip.

Guilty.

But I think I've turned a corner. I've only checked a couple of times today, and only with the slightest sense of expectation. Better still, I've felt something click inside. My eagerness (desperation) for this book to be a smashing success is beginning to wind down, and I think I'm about ready to let go and just ride it.

But let me just quick look and see if I'm still above 30,000...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm so glad you didn't write "cancer vixen."

Kristin Ohlson said...

That's a great cartoon (followed you here from MJ's blog). It's really insane when your book first comes out. I remember complaining to another author that too many radio shows were trying to schedule me in the same week. She said, "Don't worry about that. One day they'll stop calling." I'm in the stop-calling, no-more-Amazon checking mode now-- and it's hard!

Your book looks great, by the way.

Joe Miller said...

Nadia, me too. Except I wouldn't mind being a vixen.

K-oh, thanks for stopping by. Your post reminds me of another thing I wanted to say in my post for MJ -- If these are my problems, I'm doing alright.