Tuesday, October 16, 2007

sports fan

The other day I said I'm not much of a sports fan. But today I wish I was.

I'm kind of jealous of my dad and brothers and all my old friends in Denver who are celebrating the Colorado Rockies pennant win. It's quite a sports story. Probably one of the hottest hot streaks in the history of the game.

For those who haven't been watching, the Rockies have won 21 of their last 22 games. The streak started in the late season, when they came from behind to tie the San Diego Padres, forcing a one-game play-off for a place in the play-offs. Then they swept both series to earn a trip to the World Series, the first time ever for Colorado.

Quite a ride.

Now I might have to watch the World Series.

But then, that would mean I'd actually have to sit through several baseball games, and foresake HBO.

Hmm. I'll have to think about this.

No comments: