Sunday, March 23, 2008

goin' hog wild

I went ahead and registered for the Flying Pig today. I ran 10 miles yesterday and it felt great. All day today I've been itching to go running again. Can't do that, because it's a rest day. But it's a good sign.

It's fun to have a big goal looming on the horizon. I'm really looking forward to this one. I have a hunch it'll be more fun than Austin, weather permitting. They really do up the pig theme. There are people in pig costumes and every pig pun you can imagine (all the way to the end at the "Finish Swine").

Planted peas this afternoon. Might be a week or so late, but I'm sure I'll be fine.

Heard some new jokes this week:

What do you call a row of rabbits holding hands and hopping backward?
A receding hare line.

Why did they hang the man who was dressed in paper clothes?
We was rustling.

And finally, a dirty one:

A pirate walks into a bar with a steering wheel in his pants. Bartender asks, "Why do you have a steering wheel in your pants?" Pirate replies, "Arr! It's driving me nuts!!"

1 comment:

Pete said...

Many years ago I ran in the Piggy Pant and it was the fastest 5K I've ever run--so maybe this pig theme will work for you. (I also won a piggy pillow as a door prize!)

Marilyn