Thursday, June 25, 2009

40 to 80

My friend Chuck says that 40 is half time. It's when you look back over where you've been and get ready for the rest of the game. (It's also an age I never pictured Chuck to be, and he probably didn't of me either.)

He's right. I've been doing a lot of looking back lately. Or more accurately, listening back. I've been digging up all the old tunes I used to listen to.

Of course, that's got me rememberin. And the more I remember, the more I want to write it down. So I'm going to do a little Back to the Eighties thing on this here blog for the next couple of weeks.

Warning: This isn't going to be like an Eighties Night at your local bar. I lived a comletely different decade.

For instance, the other day Allie said something about dancing on the ceiling. I didn't know what she was talking about. So she got on YouTube and pulled up this:



She was shocked when I said I'd never heard the song or seen the video. She said it was on the radio all the time back then.

But, back then, this was my idea of a party:

1 comment:

Pete said...

You've got to admi that the hair is definitely better in the Lionel Ritchie video.