Wednesday, March 22, 2006

No!

I don't read the paper regularly. Would someone please tell me if this report has gotten any coverage?

Amazingly blunt language. I can't believe how awful this stadium deal is. I know I've read stuff about it, how it's one of the worst packages that's ever been put together. But it's really dawning on me how absolutely outrageous this is.

They want us to raise sales taxes -- which disproportionately screw the poor -- to build luxury boxes for the rich?! And the tax is only for Jackson County?! Not Johnson County, where the richest people in the metro live?!?!

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Our local leaders are sluts, plain and simple. Insecure, stupid sluts who'll hand over their dignity the second someone offers to buy them a drink.

Some of the people behind this crap have actually looked me in the eye and said with a straight face that they're a Democrat, or a liberal. Dude, you're robbing from poor folks to give to rich people! Disgusting. Absolutely disgusting.

SPREAD THE WORD! TELL ALL YOUR FRIENDS TO COME OUT AND VOTE NO!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Honest to goodness, I'm a Jackson County resident (and a lifelong Chiefs fan) that is really struggling to figure out which way to go on this.

When I read stuff like this (http://www.thekansascitychannel.com/politics/8218884/detail.html?rss=kc1&psp=news), though, I struggle with all the anti-renovation stuff that I'm hearing...