Sunday, January 27, 2008

legless

I've been having a lot of problems with my legs. So today I decided to run without them.

It worked!

I went five miles and I feel great. No real pain to speak of.

I think I'm going to go legless from now on.

Here's how it works: You puff your chest out and lean forward, like you're trying to pull yourself along by the sternum. Then you pump your arms, pushing your elbows back and forth to a nice rhythm. Everything below the waist you try to keep relaxed. And off you go; the legs just sort of following along.

Most of the way, I felt little tinges of tightness in various spots on my legs -- quads, calves, IT band. But the more I focused on my upper body, the more those pains dissolved away. I also tried to concentrate on going real slow, and that worked too (though I finished the loop at about the same pace I would if I'd been laboring more).

So I'm making a little progress.

I'm starting to think I'm going to make it on February 17.

No comments: