Saturday, January 19, 2008

san diego county

I am such an idiot.

For the last year or so, I've been working like crazy, trying to help Mark Funkhouser make Kansas City a better place. And the whole time we've been struggling to do this, there's been this place called California that already did it.

Sheesh. What a beautiful part of the world.

The only bad things about it are the traffic and the lack of Allie.

Damn, I'm such an idiot for not insisting that she come with me. Being without her dulls the experience of discovering a cool new place. It's like I haven't fully experienced it.

I think I'm going to have a good run tomorrow. I'm still a little bummed that I'm not doing the full marathon, but not much. The half covers pretty much all the really beautiful parts of the course. And it won't beat me up as much.

I had a lot of fun at the expo today. I found a pair of the new shoes I bought for just $40. So now I have two pairs, so I can ease the new pair in a few months down the road without risking injury -- just like the pros say you should.

I also bought The Stick. I think it's going to help. And of course I bought a souvenir hat, which I will do at every race for the rest of my life.

For the rest of the day I've been guzzling water and Gatorade and shoveling pasta down my throat. And missing Allie.

2 comments:

MAWG said...

So how did the race go????

Eric Rogers said...

San Diego is awesome. For people who are skeptical about the idea re-urbanizing Kansas City ought to look at the amazing turn around in Downtown San Diego, which lies in the midst of American automobile utopia.